Women Entrepreneurs of Charleston and The Harbor Entrepreneur Center have partnered together to provide the first of its kind, all-women, accelerator program. This co-facilitated program is designed to introduce high impact business concepts through an intense curriculum led by successful mentor entrepreneurs. If you are looking for a focused-way to improve the profitability, scalability, and efficiency of your business, this 14-week program is right for you.
Applications open Oct 2 and Close Dec 31
Step 1: Complete (free) application
Step 2: Accepted applications will be invited to attend an interview
Step 3: Selected companies from the interviews pay $499 to participate in the program.
- 14 structured, real-world-applicable weekly classes lead by successful mentor entrepreneurs
- Free floating desk space at The Harbor Entrepreneur Center for the duration of the program
- Direct access to the Program Directors and Mentors
- Opportunity to develop a team of advisors that will continue with your business following successful completion of the program
- Introductions to investors and growth capital sources for fundraising
- Program finale gives each company the opportunity to share their learnings with the community
- Applications Open Oct 2
- Applications Close Dec 31
- Interviews for accepted applications Jan 10 / Jan 12
- Chosen companies announced Jan 12 / Jan 15
- Accelerator Orientation for selected companies Jan 30
- Accelerator Begins Jan 31
- Every Wednesday Jan 31 - May 2
- 9:30AM - 12:00PM @ 1505 King St Ext
- Must be fully committed to growing your business by attending all 14 Accelerator dates (listed above)
- Must be at least 50% women-owned
- Must sign confidentiality agreement to allow for maximum vulnerability, transparency, and growth of your business during your participation in the program
Week 1 Who is your customer?
Week 2 Sell something to someone
Week 3 Pricing
Week 4 Dive into the Data – what is important for you to be tracking?
Week 5 The Team – what skill sets are needed on your team?
Week 6 Building a pipeline
Week 7 Your competitive advantage
Week 8 From the customer’s perspective
Week 9 How to be contagious
Week 10 How you tell your story
Week 11 Create your financial and operational plan
Week 12 Understanding raising capital
Week 13 Go sell some more
Week 14 Tighten up the plan and go!
*Curriculum is subject to change based on final selection of program participants